Bios. They tend to sound arrogant and pompous. It’s where you are supposed to brag about how great you are (isn’t that what Facebook is for?), for the purpose to determine if I am worth your time. I am worth your time.
Arthur is an original Internet entrepreneur founding an Internet company before the web browser even existed. He wasn’t learning about digital marketing, branding, innovation,development; he was creating it. He is a self-described TED fanatic and is the founder and curator for TEDxNaperville.
Arthur recently founded Experiential Fuse, an Experiential Agency that focuses on a new approach to culture development and branding that revitalizes corporations, and puts them on a level with what employees and customers truly need in all areas of product development, consumer engagement, and value-added service delivery.
In his spare time he carves Tiki Moai, jumps off cliffs in his paraglider and grills a mean Picanha.
His mantra is to “create an idea, get people excited, do it, repeat.”
What Arthur Has Accomplished
- Co-founded one of Chicagoland’s first Internet Service Providers in 1992, XNet Information Systems, Inc.
- Sold XNet in 1999 to a NASDAQ traded public company, Winstar Communications.
- In 2001, Winstar declared bankruptcy, Arthur and another co-founder re-purchased XNet in bankruptcy court, pennies on the dollar.
- While at XNet Arthur found TEDxNaperville in 2008, an independently run event under a license from the TED organization.
- Arthur has over 22 years’ experience in digital marketing, online networks, social communities, and other elements of a digital business.
- He has created numerous innovations such as Twitter strategies for connections, a Digital Engagement Plan framework, an EBook on event partnership strategies and most known by his peers for his mathematical formula on digital media utilization.
- Curated and helped shaped the content of over 80 speakers, including an Olympic medalist, top scientists, an astronaut, and even a United States Secretary of Commerce.
What Arthur Has Developed At XNet
- Found the Silicon Prairie Social technology group of 2,000 members dedicated to technology oriented networking.
- Pioneered the branding and marketing of Internet based hosting services and connectivity.
- Created innovative web products and services such as the “Digirati” line of services.
- Developed the industries earliest forms of digital media best practices.
- Assisted in the design, sourced all materials and contractors, and built a datacenter.
- Designed Twitter procedures for lead generation.
- Produced a Digital Audit procedure and Action Plan for social media outreach.
- Created a social media formula used to establish messaging value in various digital media and presented it to numerous groups and companies.
What Arthur Has Cultivated at TED/TEDxNaperville
- Founded and leads a 76+ volunteer team to produce a yearly event of over 700 participants and over a dozen speakers and performers.
- Awarded a TED prize for “Best Design” for regional representation.
- Created numerous best practices for the TED/TEDx community including Partnership and Speaker publications, a Sponsorship Ebook, and a dynamic website dedicated to sharing engagement ideas for TEDx organizers.
- Spoke at a TED conference, Palm Springs, on name badge best practices for events.
- Speaker at TEDxBeaconStreet, Boston.
- Hosted a conference session in Doha, Qatar on event engagement strategies for TED.
- Curated speaker content for over 80 speakers for TEDxNaperville.
- Led workshops on partnership engagement at TED Vancouver
- Regularly hosts global video conferences for TEDx organizers mentoring and education.
What Arthur Has Created at Experiential Fuse
- Created a full day training course on Experiential Design for Johnson & Johnson’s Core Leadership curriculum.
- Designed a risk-themed experience for Transamerica Financial, with never-before-experienced local tours, authentic speakers, and a themed interactive dinner focused on artful conversation.
- Expanded the DuPuis Group’s sphere of influence in sustainable food culture via a ½ day experiential dinner. Participants toured disruptive, change-effecting businesses and took part in high-impact relationship building.
- Perfected and formalized the ‘Pitch the Pitcher’ method of ‘selling’ to business rainmakers without being obvious and overt…but precisely effective.
- Formulated a model to enable organizational culture development and employee/customer/patient engagement.
Where Arthur Has Been Featured
- Numerous print outlets such as the Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun Times, Naperville Sun, Daily Herald, Certification Magazine, Digital Chicago Magazine.
- Written columns for the Daily Herald Business Ledger.
- Featured on television outlets such as ABC News Chicago, Naperville Community Television.
- Interviewed by Maya Angelou for satellite radio.
- Authored technology product reviews for CDW BizTech Magazine.
Where Arthur Has Not Been Normal
- Repelled 300 feet into an ancient Mayan sinkhole
- Sledged down the Eiger Mountain at sunset and got lost.
- Continues to hand carve Tiki Moia.
- Scuba dived with sharks, without a cage, before it was cool.
- Designed and constructed an outdoor wood dining table with built in hidden beverage coolers.
- And on some weekend he flies 3,000 feet vertically in a personal aircraft that fits in his car.